Thursday 11 September 2014

Time Flies and Spud Island

Hi one and all, welcome to our anniversary edition of our little blog. On August 30 June and I celebrated One whole year of retirement. Yup a whole year has passed us by. We have been very busy ,but it still went by like nothing. It seems not long ago I was saying good-bye to fellow workers and moving all on the same day. We have enjoyed ourselves immensely and can't believe how lucky we have been. We have met many new friends and tried hard to stay in touch with the old ones(I know I should be careful how I word that). We tell everyone we meet that we have worked for a living and we have been retired and retired is way better. I have had jobs in the past that I have had a hard time being excited about, but I find I can give this retirement gig 110% every day. The only person enjoying it more than me is June.
We are presently on Prince Edward Island and we have decided that after B.C. comes PEI as our favourite. Don't get me wrong I like them all it's just that PEI is just that little bit better than the rest. 



We were at Cavendish Beach about 4 years ago and I got one of my best wildlife photos ever. It was an Osprey landing on a nest with its mate already there. We went back to Cavendish and took this one.


Same nest still in operation


Lighthouse at North Rustico


Indian River Village

We were here last just before the may long weekend and all the fields were Red, just the dirt. Now there is green every where. If you can sell it they grow it not just potatoes.

All the white is floats for a Mussel farm


Oh ya they have red/brown beaches here.


June beside "The Darnley Tea Cup"

The beaches that we have been to are hard packed sand beaches. Most of the beaches you could drive on without any worry. The Darnley Tea Cup is named after the nearby town of Darnley. If I zoomed out you can see where the cup use to be attached to land. The sandstone is very smoooooth and I am not sure how many more winters it will last. We have also enjoyed many great sunsets and moon rises here as the moon is full.

The day is done



The night is coming to life..........yup that's the moon

The internet is sketchy here so I will finish this up. We want to thank all of you that have made our first year of retirement so great. Special thanks go out to Marshall Berkin whose leadership caused a surplus of bodies so we could then retire. A very special thank-you to our family who have tried to understand the need we have to explore and have supported us this year. Take Care we love you all.
JunKel


1 comment:

  1. Ya gotta hand it to Marshall. He sure knows how to screw up well, AND keep his job. That's quite the talent. Congrats on the anniversary, and never get bored with life!

    ReplyDelete